Wednesday, December 5, 2012

YOU ARE BORN! Hazaah!!!

 
Hello Page!
 
Well you were born on April 20th, 2012. The year of the Dragon! Apparently that is a very lucky year to people of Chinese culture so I thought it would be fun to mention :) You came three weeks early but one day late according to your uncle cade! haha He went to into the Missionary Training Center on Wednesday and I went into labor on Thursday! So the story of your birth is crazy and boring at the same time. On Thursday I was sitting at home pregnant as ever when I began to feel sick to my stomach! Something just didn't feel right, it was just off...plus I hadn't felt you kick in awhile and so I decided it would be best to go in and see my doctor. I called your daddy to tell him to meet me there and made your uncle Jase drive me out there. Well my doctor was not in at the time so I went to Urgent care and as soon as they saw how pregnant I was and heard that I was feeling sick they POUNCED on me! Literally! Suddenly there were all of these nurses and doctors talking to me, taking my blood pressure getting me hooked up to an I.V....It freaked me out. Finally someone calmed down enough to tell me that my blood pressure was cRaZy high and that they had called an ambulance to come and take me to the hospital because I was at risk to start having seizures...Good thing I went in that day right? So it was only an 8 minute drive to the hospital and daddy followed behind me and they got me into a labor room and got me hooked up and told me that all that was going to happen was that I was goign to have to stay overnight for monitoring, no big deal, I could spend the night in the hospital! Well I went and got an ultrasound to make sure you were ok and once I got back to my room and got hooked back up to the monitor the contractions started. My nurse came in because she had noticed how bad they were (though they didn't feel bad to me) and then proceeded to tell me I was going into labor and that we would have a baby by the next day.....What? I was NOT ready to have you little girl, not ready at all! I didn't have my hospital bag, my parents were in Utah and mentally I had not prepared at all to be ready to push a baby out of my lady parts! I had called your grandparents before I left for the hospital but I called them again to see if they could start heading back and this was when I had already been in the hospital for 4 hours and luckily they were already on their way back and only had 4 hours to go! Yesss!! And they made it wayyy in time! Your dad and your uncle Nick gave me a blessing while I was waiting to make sure we were both safe during the birth. I was in labor for 10 hours. At 5:00 on Thursday morning I started to push and at 5:34 you were born! I cannot even begin to explain how amazing it was to see you and to know what I had just accomplished! And you were GORGEOUS!!! The prettiest baby anyone had ever seen! The nurses were smitten with you! We all were! Especially your daddy! (Still is lol) It was so weird but so wonderful that you were finally here! I am so thankful that everything went well and that we were both safe and healthy! I love you baby girl!
 
-momma
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I remember that day. I was so excited to be a Great Aunt. Well, I was already a "great" Aunt (ask your mommy), but now I have the official title. I'm so glad I was able to go to the hospital to see baby Page. It was great to hold a baby again. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Taylor! Only 10 hours of labor and only a half hour of pushing for your first? I pushed for a few hours! Great job mama! Page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete